Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Day 22: Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
When I was younger... probably around 5 or 6 years old, my mother and I got in a fight. Not sure what it was about, but purely out of anger and immaturity, I screamed at her and told her she wasn't my real mom. (wow that doesn't feel good saying it out loud) I had no idea how much those words would hurt her. We do a lot of dumb things when we are younger without thinking of the consequences. Our brains are still trying to grasps those types of concepts, "if I do this, then this will happen". Needless to say, that is the WORST thing you can tell your mom especially when she has changed her entire life for you and would die for you. When all said and done, my mom saved me. Who knows where I'd be if my parents had not adopted me. I am eternally grateful for them, I just wish I had never said that and made my mother feel that way. I would take that back in a heart beat!
I did get the chance to tell my mother I am sorry before she passed away. She was very understanding, but that still does not make it okay that I said such dreadful words. This is another reason why I make it a conscious effort to choose my words wisely.
Live without regret... say I'm Sorry and say I Love You whenever you can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment