Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day Four: Something you have to forgive someone for.

I need and very much want to forgive someone who is very close to me.  We have an amazing connection and relationship but a few weeks ago I was lied to. The lie was made for sake of argument.  I dont want to make excuses for the lie but it hurt me and has brought up other issues from my past.  It's hard when the lie is harmless when said but can trigger past experiences and immediately it turns from harmless to harmful.  This person has recognized that it should have never happened.  We are both aware of how much communication and honesty are the foundations of a solid, healthy relationship, but it is up to me to forgive, forget, and move forward.  
Sorry for the lack of detail... I dont want to throw anyone under the bus.  But writing this post has helped me realize exactly what I need to forgive and the importance of forgiving  this person.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment