Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 14: A hero that has let you down. (letter)

Since my hero hasn't let me down, I am still going to write a letter to my hero so she know's exactly how I feel.
Dear Danica,

In case you didn't already know you are my hero.  I can honestly say that you have never really let me down.  You are an amazing sister, mother, wife, and daughter!  I look up to you like I would mom, if she were still here with us.  As family we have been through a lot of rough patches in life with and without each other but no matter what you have always been there for me and never placed judgement.  
You give me your honest opinion whether I want to hear it- you tell me because I need to hear it.  You have always made me feel comfortable confiding in you.  You have been there to hold my hand at the times I have needed.  You have helped me realize things that I was blinded to.  You pick me up when I am down.  You help me see realistically instead of always my fantasy.  You have helped me realize that no one is perfect and compromise is just another key to relationships.  You have made me feel appreciated when I bend over backwards.  You have been an amazing role model as a mother and a wife.  You have also endured tragedy that no one else will understand and you prevailed.  You have made me feel loved when I felt the opposite.

By definition a hero is a man or woman distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength.  That is my sister.

3 comments:

  1. Great! You owe me the 15 minutes it took to get ready this morning! Now I am bawling crying and look a mess! :) Sooooo sweet and well written Kira!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ths totally brought tears to my eyes! Love you both! Wish I had a sister....I got the other kind though....friends!

    ReplyDelete