Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 17: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.

Ok, so I have thought and thought about this post and had a hard time thinking about my response.  I wrote out an entire list of the books I have read (all the ones that I remembered) and tried to think of ways it had changed my view about anything.  So this is going to be a stretch... and if I think of something better, I might just have to edit and repost :)

Harry Potter series has changed my views on fantasy.
I have never been a fan of fantasy or sci-fi books or movies.  I guess I don't have a very creative imagination so when reading the Harry Potter series, I definitely got to exercise my imagination.  The best part of the books was making up my own mind about how the characters and events were playing out.  I didn't think I would like the movies so I attempted to read the first book of the series.  Immediately got addicted and couldn't put it down.  I haven't read all the books but I have read most of them.  I would like to pick them back up because I still think my imagination is better then the movies. (in my head the books seem less cheesy then the movies)

Another fantasy book I read that changed my views on this genre is the Twilight series.  Laugh if you will, but I loved this series as well.  The movies just didn't do the books justice because once again, I enjoy my reinvented imagination better.
I still think fantasy stuff is lame and can't completely wrap my mind around it all, but maybe I just need to read more and then I can attempt to be ok with it! I'll keep you posted :P

No comments:

Post a Comment