Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life.


I wish I had gone straight to my Master's Degree.  This doesn't mean I still can't because I still plan to but I just wish I didn't take the time off.  Granted the time off was well needed because I needed to move back home to be with my family.  I have a few options as far as achieving my Masters in Family Counseling.  Im just SO fearful of a few different things including the GRE's!  I am the WORST test taker on this planet bc my anxiety gets the best of me and I simple freak out.
I actually have a few fears about going back to school.  I know I did very well when I was at ASU (graduated suma cum laude) but I had my A.D.D. under control which is something that I am not medicated for now.  Unfortunately even if I had insurance they don't cover the medication so it is just one other expense that I do not want to have to be responsible for right now.  But when it is under control, I am a complete different person!  I have confidence and I believe in myself.  It really makes a huge difference to me.  So since I won't have it controlled it makes me loose confidence in myself.  This is something that I really need to overcome. I need to regain confidence in myself that I can do it and I can succeed.  I also need to remind myself that I am not expected to get another 3.9 GPA  and that I should lower my exceptionally high expectations of myself... then the fear will less likely hold me back.  (See! I know exactly what I need to do.. just gotta put it into action!!)- easier said then done.
Fear can get the best of us and I really need to learn to overcome fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment