Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 15: Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.

This may sound silly to most of you but it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this question.  I have had this certain pillow since I was a baby.  This pillow used to go everywhere with me and to this day, I still sleep with it every night. I can't get a good nights sleep if I don't have it.  Don't do it.. don't judge me ;)
Many years ago a good family friend thought it would be funny to hide my pillow in the seat covers in their car.  After a few days, they forgot where they had put it and the joke was no longer funny.  I seriously was heartbroken when it was gone and no where to be found.
This pillow has given me so much comfort throughout my 26 years of having it.  It comforted me through all my time out's as a kid, my parents divorce; it was one of the few items in my room that survived when half my house burned down when I was in high school; it was there with me through my entire grieving process when I lost my mom.... etc.
It definitely looks like it needs a makeover (or maybe even replaced) but neither of those are an option for me.  I'll just continue to sew up the holes, re-stuff it from time to time and wash it on super gentle cycle :)

2 comments:

  1. So I have a pillow that goes with me everywhere too. I stole it from my brother when I was a little girl and have had it ever since. This pillow/friend of mine is well over 30 years old. Recently a friend talked me into washing my pillow and I nearly destroyed it. My mom sewed a super soft pillow case over my broken beloved and now I have it again. You might try doing that too if it gets too thread bare. I love your pillow story sweetie!
    ~lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you mom sew me a super soft pillow case for my helpless pillow!?!

    ReplyDelete