Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.


I am very proud to say that to this day there is not one unhealthy person who effects my life in a negative way!
That is a very good feeling considering I have spent a good majority of my life weaning everyone out who is harmful to me as a person and my development.  There were plenty of times that I got caught up in the wrong crowd whether it was for a short period of time or for an extended period of time.  I have made my fair share of bad decisions and very bad decision, but as always stated, I wouldn't be who I am today if I had never made those decisions.  Granted my mother would have killed me if she was alive when I was making these bad decisions, but she knows (and always has known) to let me live and learn on my own.  She had faith in me that I would never get that destructive and I would make the most of myself.
When I do come across people who bring me down in any way, I let them go immediately.  I got really sick and tired of having people in my life who were toxic; I felt like I was constantly babysitting.  To me, I felt like I was wasting my life away.
I like to think that I am a good judge of character and I am now at an age and place in my life where I know what and who I want in my life now and forever.  I want people who are strong, live healthy lifestyles, love to have fun and laugh, and who care about me for who I am and nothing more or less.  I think that everyone in my life currently fits those attributes.  I am the happiest I have been in a long time.
*Thank you to each and everyone of you who are apart of my life and my happiness*

No comments:

Post a Comment