A few years ago, I was dating some for two years and we decided to break up. Months later I find out that he had gotten a girl pregnant and they were going to keep the baby. At this time, me and him had no communication with each other... I found through myspace that he was having a baby with this girl. We then were at a point where we decided we could be friends and before you know it we were getting back together. I had the pleasure to be in their little boys life except it wasn't so much a pleasure after all. The "babies mama" seemed very difficult in this entire situation. I know she was bitter that he had left her for me (because originally, I believe that he left me for her). I know she was angry that they weren't going to be the prefect family she had hoped but he had disclosed to me many times (before we got back together) that they decided to give up their son for adoption (this was before he was born). Needless to say, they had their son, him and I got back together, and she made our life hell. It was SO hard to make a schedule that fit for everyone involved... me, him, her, and their son. The poor little guy was seeing and being cared for from multiple people a day bc they was no schedule. There were numerous times that I had to be late to school or miss school because of lack of schedule. I knew what I was getting myself into when I decided to get back together with him. But I had no idea that she would be such a handful! I doubt she did it on purpose but thats how I felt then. When we had the baby, we would try and get him in bed and woken up at certain times (ROUTINE). And a lot of times we would sign onto myspace and see that when she had him, he was on an entire different schedule. The baby was always sick and seem lethargic a lot of the times. There was no routine between households. Things had gotten so bad that it really effected my relationship. I eventually had enough and sat down with her to put everything on the table. It took a lot for me to do that at the time but I was fed up. After our first talk I felt like we were all going to be able to work together but I was wrong. Things didn't change and neither did communication. I became "that" girl... the girl who wasn't allowed at his first birthday party. The girl who tore her family apart. The girl who had to stand by her boyfriend because she was taking him to family court for "back pay child support" (even tho he was paying her monthly). Boy oh boy it was an extremely bumpy road... and at the time I felt like she mad my life hell.
Needless to say, the baby (who is now turning 5 years) is healthy and happy with his new family! He was always such a cute kid! Its so nice to see his happiness through the pictures I have seen the past few years.
No comments:
Post a Comment