Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 13: Write a letter to a band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days.

Dear Kelly Clarkson,

I don't even know where to begin.... your albums Breakaway and My December were life changers for me.  I went through two really bad break ups when both these albums came out.  I seriously at the time thought to myself "did she write these songs FOR ME!?"  Most of the songs on your albums seem to fit my situation perfectly.  When your first single Breakaway came out, I knew it was a sign.  A sign to breakaway and change me life.  Once I made that change, I heard Since You've Been Gone and that confirmed that the breakaway that took place was a good and positive move I made!  
Aside from the names I have previously mentioned, here is a list of songs and how they hugely impacted me throughout my tough times in life with love, heartache, and relationship:
Because of You (because of you I can't trust or love again)
Addicted (I was so wrapped up into this guy that he was like my drug)
I Hate Myself For Loosing You (I hated myself for months and months because I thought it was my fault that he left)
Never Again (never again will I get back with this guy because he left me for another girl)
My Life Would Suck Without You (I was determined we were going to be together again... yes even after 2 tries and a 4 year relationship)
And that is just to name a few!  

I sincerely want to thank you for helping me through my rough patches and healing my broken heart!  I know this may all sound really silly but most of your songs have given me hope, inspiration, and motivation.  I learned so much about myself through your songs because of how they fit each situation I was in at the time.  Your music is up lifting and help me really get back on me feet!  

Your forever fan,
Kira

1 comment: