 |
| Back in 2005! |
I am going to name drop this person because she deserves to know that I am talking about her! Shannon Carbone (maiden name Hellem) and I met sophomore year in high school in Arizona. I saw her sitting by herself before school started, went up and talked to her and we were friends right away. She was new to town and I also had recently moved to AZ from NM. We were inseparable! She was definitely like a sister to me and her family was like my second family. When I was going through the roughest time in my life (when mom died), she was there for me. Right by my side holding my hand through it all. Not many of my friends got to meet my mom because we had just moved to AZ and I was still "finding my set group". She did get to meet her... and I know my mom loved her too! Shanny and I had so many good memories... getting decked out for DV Football games, writing happy notes on a daily basis, singing All Saints "Never Ever", gossiping about boys, working at the Legend Dry Cleaners... oh the list goes on. Unfortunately after high school we went our separate ways but some how would reconnect from time to time. Last time I saw her was right before I graduated from ASU. Every time I see her I am so glad to catch up and hear about what's been going on in her life. We have done a lot with each other over the years but yet we also have missed out on a lot of important events in each other's lives. I understand that happens, I just hate that we drifted. Thank you to Facebook we have reconnected yet again and it is always nice chatting with her and see her enjoying life and happy as ever!
I miss you shannon, but know that no matter where we are in life I think of you and our memories often. Thank you for being such an amazing friend the entire time I have known you!
Cute outfits! Great post! <3
ReplyDelete