Obviously drugs are bad. Unfortunately, I have lost many friends in different ways due to hard drugs. A good friend of mine in high school and my good friends father of her child overdosed on drugs numerous times and finally didn't make it. He was a genius and just went down the right path. My theory- he was so smart (smarter then any of our friends) that nothing thrilled him... so he turned to drugs for the thrill, got hooked, and lost control. But again, that's just my theory. In high school I had a lot of friends who got caught up in that scene. Some came out of it and some didn't.
Peer pressure was strong in high school. I was definitely overly exposed to drugs and looking back I wish I was never in those situations. But it is what it is. I know that a lot of my friends who experimented with drugs did it not so much of peer pressure but because they felt comfortable doing it for the first time with certain people... made them feel "safe". I don't know.
I just know that hard drugs are horrible and they take over good lives. It's an easy out for a lot of people. It makes me sick when I can tell when someone is on drugs. To me they are just throwing their life away and probably taking a lot of people down with them. I just wish that more people would realize that there are other ways to cope with stress, break ups, boredom, depression, sadness etc. If I had three wishes, one of them would definitely be to get rid of hard drugs around the world!


No comments:
Post a Comment