First and foremost, I hate politics. I wish there was no such thing! lol. Yes I probably hate it because I don't know much about politics but I just hate that every time it's brought up it turns from a conversation to an argument instantly! Don't get my wrong religion can be the same way... I just wish people would be more accepting of others opinions. So that being said, I'll tell you what I think about religion.
I am a Christian. I believe in God. I pray. I believe in Heaven and Hell. I have faith. I do not read the Bible (not since I was younger). I do not take the Bible literally. I attend church occasionally.
I love the way I was raised. We went to church on Sundays and holidays. I was confirmed into my church in 8th grade. I was taught how to pray every night- not to ask for things but ask for help and guidance- not to ask for Him to solve my problems but to lead me to the right conclusions. I was raised to look up to God for enlightenment. This is the way I plan to raise my family.
Praying has pretty much saved my life as I underwent the tragic events growing up. I am confident that it will continue to help me throughout the rest of my life. The power of prayer is insane!
I have definitely questioned God and my faith in God when I was put into these horrific situations. "How could He do this to me and my family?"; "Why is He punishing me?"; "If God was there to do good for people then why would He do this to me?"; "If He loves everyone equally, then why doesn't He love me?" My faith is in God and I trust that he has a plan for all of us. It might not be our plan but we can adapt to his plan and see the positive out of the negative.
I have a lot of family members who have a strong faith in God and the Bible and I'm not going to lie but when I spoke with them through my trials and tribulations, their guidance from the Word was uplifting and gave me hope and contentment.
Like I said, the power of prayer is strong and it works! So for that, I will continue to pray and believe in God.


Love this Kira!!!
ReplyDelete