Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on.

Physically, I get a lot of compliments on my hair.  The color, thickness, hair type (that I can leave it wavy, make it curly or straight), and that I don't have to wash it everyday (I was actually told not to wash it everyday), lol.  It has always shocked me that this is what people compliment me on because I have always disliked like my hair (more so when I was growing up).  Now that I know how to do it, I think my hair is "ok" but nothing worth the compliments.  People always tell me they would die to have my hair and I just never really understood why.  I guess probably because its mine and people are usually wanting what they don't have! lol.

One other thing that I get compliments on all the time that is not a physical quality is my name!  I know it's getting more popular these days but when I was in high school and younger, people always seem to love it and its uniqueness when they would hear my name.  Now I know quite a bit of Kira's but I still get the compliments and I agree with them.  I used to hate my name because it wasn't common like Ashley or Tiffany or Jessica.  No one could ever spell it right (they still have a hard to now) and when teachers would pronounce it in class it would sound like a foreign language!  Now I love and appreciate the uniqueness even if people can't spell it or say it! :)
Thanks mom, dad, and the Dark Crystal for my name!  


1 comment:

  1. I love your name and your hair! This post is dead on! Cute pic, its a nice touch too!! <3

    ReplyDelete