Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 25: The reason you believe you’re still alive today.



Considering I should have been hit with the same boat mom was I know I have been put on this earth for a reason.  I believe I am still alive today to help people.  Help people deal with their hardships- breakups, domestic violence, loss of loved ones, depression, family alcoholism, and adoption.  I feel strongly about this because I have been through all of these myself and grew from each experience.

I have been through 2 major break ups that were devastating for me at the time but learned to forgive and move forward.  I learned to remember to be true to myself and not to settle for less.  I learned how to mend my own broken heart instead of finding someone else to do it for me.

I have been a victim of domestic violence.  It wasn't anything extreme or even prolonged but it happen.  I was dating a guy who hit me.  Just once, but he hit me right across the face out of anger.  I literally turned around and walked right out of his life without turning back.  I could help people gain that same strength and confidence to do the same thing I did because I know a lot of people who can't and have not.  NO ONE deserves to be hit.  NO MATTER WHAT.  There is absolutely no tolerance for that.

I have lost my mother, my grandmother, my grandfather, and a few friends.  I have learned that God has a plan for everyone.. and even though these people's calendar days were over, they are still living just some where else.

I am here on this earth to also help people learn how to deal with alcoholism within the family.  How to reach out to other people with their problems instead of choosing risky behavior and also help teach people how to live and cope with someone who is addicted to alcohol.

2 comments:

  1. Great post Kira. It is a blessing to be able to help others through your hardships, and life lessons. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.
    LOVE that pic...of the owl!

    ReplyDelete