Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 29: Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.

I always sweat the small stuff and that is something I hope to change about myself.  The smallest things make me worry and frustrated.  For example, change of plans- if I prepare myself to do what we are planned to do, I don't do well with change of plans.  I get annoyed even though I know I don't have control over the situation and the change of plans is not a life or death change!  Also, when I am used to being on time most of the time, I get irritated when I am left waiting for people (this really is for only a few people...no not you Katy so don't think I am talking about you :) )  I know I tend to freak out (mostly internally freak out), but it's hard for me to let go of the small stuff and move forward.
When I was in college I would freak out over every exam because I would concentrate on what if I do bad instead of just finishing the exam.
I know I have more examples and I could keep going on but I think you all get the point.  We shouldn't let all those little things/annoyances in our lives consume us.  Here is what I need to do to help change this about myself:
~ If I practice patience I will learn to let go of those little things that eat at me.
~ I also know that I need to live in the moment and try not to control everything else around me or even situations that haven't even occurred yet or already happened.
~ There is always a bigger picture and that's where I need to turn my focus to.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment